About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane’s ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial Constructors is seeking, a Maintenance Control Specialist candidate at the GE Aviation site in Batesville, MS.
- Test, troubleshoot, and repair production electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems, such as computer controlled equipment instrumentation, test equipment, and machine tool numerical controls.
- Complete inspection of instrumentation and verification of manufacture calibration, onsite calibration, and testing.
- Perform control valve and element inspection and troubleshooting, repair and rebuild, replacement and installation according to engineering standards, best practices and manufacturer recommendations.
- Responsible for the completion of inspections, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Perform commissioning and startup activities including instrument loop inspection, loop check, configuration, calibration and testing. Mechanical installation, functional checking, stock testing of final control elements.
- Practical knowledge of Motor starters, MCCs, VFD, and 480-volt three phase systems.
- Support and maintenance of DCS, SIS, and PLCs based systems.
- Dedication to documentation updates and creation of plant specific maintenance tasks including calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting procedures. Update and follow plant instrument scope P&IDs, loop diagrams, cable scheduling and instrument lists sheets.
- Read and interpret P&IDs, equipment manuals, electrical schematics, instrument loop diagrams and other specifications to determine the repair method on failed components.
- Ability to understand, troubleshoot and make corrections to Distributed Control systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) and control software.
- Install, replace or repair process control instrumentation such as transmitters, controllers, control valves, flow meters, etc.
- Execute preventative maintenance, testing and calibrations as required by the Quality and Process Critical Instrumentation programs or other established procedures.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, electrical schematics, and other specifications to determine the repair method on failed components.
- Ability to perform precision maintenance in the installation and alignment of equipment, utilizing safe rigging methods using hand or power tools.
- Correctly and accurately complete required paper work, correctly documenting all maintenance actions, parts and times.
- Ability to prioritize daily work load and maintenance requirements based on safety, equipment criticality, quality and production schedule requirements.
- Complete all Safety and general job training as required by SIC.
- Observe SIC and Customer safety and quality processes and procedures at all times.
- Have thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of maintenance duties.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, and warehouses, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property and buildings. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working on ladders, and in awkward body positions.
- Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled