The Lead Web Applications Develop designs and develops new features for several existing web applications that support Oil & Gas applications, and accounting applications; and supports existing applications.
- Planning, designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining systems/software enhancements
- Developing and maintaining accurate system documentation including information about attributes and business rules
- Working with internal teams to establish standard operating and support procedures
- Translating functional requirements into technical design and specifications
- Understanding data quality constraints and set up quality rules to effectively improve the quality
- Code enhancements and bug fixes to the same applications when needed
- Providing excellent level of customer service to both internal and external customers
- Assisting those customers in determining what they need from the web applications
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline, OR Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with oil & gas experience and programming experience as described below, OR other applicable experience.
- Experience with ASP.NET in C# and Visual Studio. Our applications are multi-page applications with each function contained in one or a few files and most functionality server-side; it is not MVC or Razor.
- Experience with recent SQL Server, both in writing SQL and as DBA.
- Experience with modern version control systems (we use Subversion.).
- A willingness to learn oil and gas terminology and general practices, and at least qualitatively the critical physical models such as the ideal gas law and gas phase diagrams.
- Oil and Gas experience as an engineer or software developer.
- A reasonable working knowledge of basic accounting.
- Experience configuring and supporting Microsoft IIS web server.
- Experience building Excel download files using the GemBox.Spreadsheet commercial component.
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills, organization and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to make presentations about your work to a very technical audience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.