Direct Search Global is working on a search for Lead HSE Engineer to be based at our Client’s office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Open for Malaysian Locals only, the right candidate will need to have at least 12 years of working experience in the oil & gas HSE, and at least 3 years in a Lead capacity. You will be responsible for establishing Project HSE Management Plans, Project HSE Standards & Procedures and HSE Bridging documents – just to name a few. Speak to us today to learn more about this position.
JOB PURPOSE & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Establish, manage and maintain Project HSE Management System to ensure its compliance to Client’s HSE requirements, Company’s HSE Management System, OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 standards, local and international HSE regulatory/statutory requirements, Classification rules, relevant codes & standards requirements and industry practice.
- Provide functional support to Project Team during execution phase.
Project HSE Planning
- Lead the preparation of HSE ITB techno-commercial documents and resolve related technical
clarifications, ensuring company interests are protected.
- Establish Project HSE Management Plan, project HSE standards & procedures and HSE bridging
documents prior execution, where required; ensuring conformance to the HSE national and
international regulations, HSE standards and industrial best practices to protect life, assets and
Project Risk Management
- Plan, manage and lead the implementation of project HSE risk framework (e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, HRA, etc.) to identify critical areas or high risk activities during execution phase. Develop Hazard and Effects
- Management Process (HEMP) deliverables for project execution stage, specify performance standards and identify gaps in HEMP implementation.
- Plan and lead the development of Project Risk Management Plan.
- Plan and lead the development of Operational Safety Case.
Contractor HSE Performance
- Ensure effective implementation of Contractor HSE Management for projects.
- Review Contractor’s HSE documents such as Project HSE Plan, HSE procedures, HSE programs,
HSE performance, emergency procedure, training plan and risk assessments.
- Plan and lead the engagement with Contractors upon contract award to outline project HSE
- Assess construction and installation methods of construction plant and equipment and advise/ ensure HSE risks are as low as reasonably practicable.
Project HSE Management
- Focal person Project Management on specific HSE matters.
- Resolve all HSE non-compliance issues.
- Advise and promote HSE programs to inculcate HSE awareness and culture for the project, including Contractors.
- Review periodical project progress report related to HSE activities.
- Lead HSE investigation on all accidents, incidents, near-miss, UCUA occur during project management phase or when managing Company assets.
- HSE Management (ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001, etc.)
- Risk Management (HAZID, HAZOP, Safety Case, HRA, etc.)
- Emergency & Crisis Management
- Incident Investigation (Bow Tie, Tripod Beta, etc.)
- HSE Assurance (Lead Auditor / Tier 1 Assessor, etc.)
- Well versed in local and international HSE regulations, Classification rules and industry codes,
standards & practices
- At least 10 – 15 years of relevant working experience in the oil & gas industry specifically in HSE.
- Managed at least two (2) projects involving major topsides fabrication and/or floater conversion, and minimum one (1) FPSO project. Experience in Deepwater project is an added advantage.
– Degree in Engineering, Health & Safety or other related technical specialization.
– Qualifications in HSE.