Wood is currently looking for a Lead Architect to join our team in Dubai. This position is initially for one year, renewable annually based on performance and business needs.
This is based in Dubai and will involve occasional visits to the Client offices and/or site in Iraq.
Skills / Qualifications
- Be client representative and oversee work being carried out by FEED/EPC contractors for a new accommodation and support camp in Southern Iraq.
- Be part of client PMT team
- Will be based in clients office in Dubai and role will involve regular visits to Iraq.
- Assess the needs of all camp buildings and there users, advising the client on the practicality of their requirements
- Promote effective communication and challenge within the FEED/ EPC Contractors Engineering team in order to foster the production of safe, cost effective, fit for purpose and constructible camp and layout.
- To participate in all project safety and design reviews as necessary
- Assist in the preparation of tender documents and contracts
- Ensure that the environmental impact of the project is managed
- Liaise with Security team to ensure clients camp security requirements for Southern Iraq are met.
- To liaise and report to the Clients Senior Management on all architectural and layout aspects of the new camp facility, including progress reporting.
- To attend daily/weekly engineering progress meetings and generate status reports as required
- Provides resolution for all camp layout and architectural engineering problems; coordinates application of solutions
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To liaise with the Clients Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach
Technical / Business Skills:
- Team management skills
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- Confident and assertive
- Problem solver
- Open thinker and innovator
- Inspiring communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and mentor others
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong commitment to safety
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of accommodation camp layout, design and security requirements.
- Experience of desert accommodation design essential Iraq preferred
- Thorough awareness of relevant international codes and standards on building design
- Experience with company business management system and quality assurance processes
Business & Industry Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years experience as an architect.
- Minimum of 5 years proven capability in accommodation camp design
- Demonstrated leadership experience and previous track record of successfully working in client PMT team
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Degree in Engineering subject
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. <web address removed>
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.