We are a growing tunneling contractor based in Calgary, AB that offers its employees exciting opportunities for career growth, a great working environment, and competitive compensation.
The Company: Innovative Pipeline Crossings Inc. (IPC) specializes in trenchless tunneling technologies, balancing cost-effective drilling solutions with environmental protection. Our trenchless tunneling technology, Direct Pipe, presents unique cost saving and scheduling opportunities for challenging pipeline and municipal projects.
IPC is respected in the trenchless contracting industry by clients and employees alike, for our integrity, commitment to excellence, and customer orientated service.
- Our great team of staff are the best in their field. They are committed to collaboration, quality, and safety. We invest in our people, and they deliver excellence!
- We believe in leading through innovation and providing superior value and service to our clients and partners by with safe, high quality, and environmentally conscious trenchless solutions.
The Position: As we are expanding our field of operations, we are in need of more motivated and hardworking crew members to join our team. This position is responsible for assisting in the timely and technical execution of direct pipe installations, as a part of the operations team on project sites.
Out of town work is required in this position.
- Equitable pay based on experience
- Onsite premiums and applicable overtime
- Living out allowance and travel expense coverage
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Crew members will have the opportunity to learn to work with equipment used in Micro Tunneling, Horizontal Direction Drilling (HDD), Auger Boring, and Direct Pipe trenchless installations.
- Assist with Site & Equipment setup
- Mix up slurry / lubrication Bentonite
- Monitor separation plant equipment and tank volumes
- Operate power / hand tools
- Pull and install tunneling utility lines (electrical cables, slurry lines, vitaulics etc)
- Rig, hoist, and direct lifting equipment
- Participate in daily site meetings, and shift crossover meetings
- Load and unload trucks
- Sign tools and materials out, and report to Foreman when supplies are low
- Maintain, clean, and refurbish equipment
- Participate in safety inspections
- Able to work in confined spaces
- Fill out required paperwork, such as Field Level Hazard Assessments
- Knowledge & ability to operate air compressor, pumps, arial lift, generators etc.
- Basic mechanical/electrical skills
- The ability to determine the necessary tools for assigned tasks
- The ability to troubleshoot a problem based on experience and applicable trade knowledge
- Good work ethic, ability to work long hours (12-hour shift work)
- Previous experience in tunneling, general construction, or oil field work is an asset
- Action oriented; maintain high levels of productivity and able to work long hours.
- Safety awareness; aware of conditions and circumstances that may cause damage to personnel or property.
- Stress tolerance; maintaining performance under pressure and handling oneself in stressful situations in a manner that is professional and courteous.
- Team focus; participating as an active and contributing member, working cooperatively with others, collaborating and communicating effectively to achieve positive results.
- Coachable; Able to receive timely guidance and feedback related to job performance, skills, and knowledge, with the purpose to interpret and extrapolate information and apply it for personal and technical improvement.
- Planning and Organization; Organizes work, sets priorities, and determines resources requirements; determines necessary sequence of activities needed to achieve goals.
- Problem solving; using logic to make well-informed decisions and find solutions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, and hear
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Employee will be required to work in outdoor weather conditions, including extreme cold and heat
- Required to work in confined spaces (42-inch or 46-inch pipe)
Innovative Pipeline Crossings Inc. is based in Calgary, AB
This position is assigned to the equipment yard, located at 285050 Wrangler Way S.E., Rocky View County, AB
Office: 340 Midpark Way SE, Suite 300, Calgary, Alberta T2X 1P1
Office Phone: +1-403-455-0380
Why Should You Apply?
- Industry experience with a high performing team
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Opportunities for advancement
- Professional development and specialized training available
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $24.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Pipeline: 1 year (Preferred)
- Trenchless: 1 year (Preferred)