MATCOR is a leading cathodic protection and corrosion prevention engineering design and manufacturing company, providing environmentally beneficial systems and services to global clients for over 40 years.
An expert in the field of cathodic protection, MATCOR offers proprietary corrosion protection products, installation, cathodic protection testing, maintenance and complete corrosion protection project management. MATCOR specializes in protecting the infrastructure of the oil and gas, electric utility, transportation, and water industries.
The Laborer is responsible for safely driving material, equipment, supplies to and from the construction site. Perform tasks involving physical labor at shop and heavy construction projects. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, clean up rubble and debris, obtain skills and knowledge of all aspects of construction May assist other craft workers as required by supervisor. Must be willing to travel with multiple overnight stays.
- Driving safely and courteously up and down public and customer roads
- Obeying all traffic laws including specific CP Masters rules and regulations
- Assists workers with loading and unloading truck at the customer's jobsite or at the yard
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, brakes, gas, oil, and water
- Maintain DOT logs according to DOT regulations
- Perform Pre and Post trip inspections as required by DOT
- Perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, fuses, tire chains, and spark plugs
- Responsible for securing cargo
- Assist inventorying crew trucks to ensure all the necessary equipment and material is stocked
- Performs related tasks including yard maintenance
- Other duties as requested by Supervisor
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Must be willing to acquire a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) from state of residence
- Must successfully pass a minimum of a 6-month DOT physical, pre-placement drug screen and satisfactory background check
- Must have acceptable driving record in accordance with Brand's Vehicle Policy
- Must demonstrate ability to work safely and adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in performing work in the field
- Ability to write up time sheets, and all required documentation
- Must be able to lift and carry 75 lbs.
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be willing to work long hours such as 12-hour shifts
- Must work well with others and be willing to learn from mentors and others in the shop and field
BrandSafway, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, special disabled or Vietnam or other era veteran status.