Junior Logistics Operator: Solid Fuels Desk: Leader in European Trading & Shipping
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Negotiable + Benefits
This Global Trading & Shipping Company has an exciting opportunity due to expansion for a Junior Logistics Operator.
The Solid Fuels Desk is responsible for global coal, freight and biomass trading, including sourcing of steam coal and biomass for the coal generation assets in the UK and continental Europe. The Solid Fuels Logistics team forms part of the desk and is responsible for managing the fulfilment and correct performance of physical supply contracts, acting as the main point of contact for operational matters.
This role within the Freight team of Solid Fuels Logistics is to manage a proper flow of information to and between the traders, internal support functions and customers of the Solid Fuels Desk such as suppliers, ports, agents and shipping companies. The role requires analytical support to be provided to the freight operations team as a whole.
Key areas and tasks of responsibility:
- Co-ordinating the physical shipping program of long and short cargo and vessel positions
- Negotiate Charter Parties and execute the corresponding Time charters and Voyage charters.
- Liaising with vessel owners, charterers, ports, brokers, agents and vessels on a daily basis as the main point of contact for operational matters for the Solid Fuels trading desk
- Arranging in-port operations including inspections, surveys, vessel agency, issuance of shipping documentation and settlement of disbursements
- Review, interpret and apply contract clauses to heighten Statements of Account
- Actively identifying and exploiting opportunities to optimise trading desk positions
- Actively managing commercial and operational risks associated with dry bulk vessel chartering
- Delivering timely and accurate information to the trading desk and reconciling trading positions against physical activity.
- Working with internal functions, including Risk Control, Back Office, and Legal and Compliance to ensure a timely flow of information for reporting, settlement and the timely resolution of contractual and deal maintenance issues.
- Masters/ Degree level (bachelors) or equivalent preferred
- Experience in a commodities trading environment is desirable.
- Awareness of coal/shipping market terminology and practices is also desirable but not essential.
- Experience working in a numerate area / good standard of numeracy
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, Excel
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal communication
- Experience using Openlink Endur and/or Veson IMOS
- Experience creating and using Databases / Access
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.