As member of the Operations team, this role is responsible for supporting the geological staff in all aspects of operational geology. Includes data collection, loading and manipulation in petrophysical software. Responsibilities will also include geosteering lateral wells, creating Pre-SPUD packets to support drilling operations and geological interpretation. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to thrive in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain PUD, PDP PRB well database in concert with Reserves to support quarterly updates.
- Load logs, completion info. and pick geological markers in GGX.
- Support the geosteering staff as needed, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Provides static reservoir modeling input of exploitation and development projects.
- Master’s degree in Geosciences
- Basic understanding of petrophysical parameters that define oil and gas saturation.
- Ability to multi-task and work on a variety of projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (team-oriented).
- Prior experience in geosteering, Niobrara and Codell experience preferred.