The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. Were looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.
Job Description:This is a responsible and rewarding role as well as helping assess Information Risk across Shell, youll help to educate the wider business on how they can work safely and securely from an IT perspective. Where you fit in
Youll be part of our Global IRM team who works together to address Information Risks, effectively and efficiently, upholding our reputation as an industry leader amongst our peers and key security service suppliers.
Broadly, our role is to define how risk is assessed and controls applied. That includes communicating preventative measures to the business and identifying threats and vulnerabilities via our Cyber Resilience function. We deal with potential business impacts worth billions of dollars: HSSE impacts, production loss, financial and maintenance operations loss, loss of most confidential bidding data. Whats the role?
Youll be the face of IRM, working with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Architecture and the Support Team to educate teams on risk and help them to make risk-aware decisions regarding confidentiality, integrity, availability, and legal & regulatory. Youll need to understand the technology landscape and proactively review Shells information security and related risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
Its about making sure the right security controls are in place and tested. Youll be trusted to ensure that projects that originate from different global locations are risk assessed and reviewed for information security. Youll also take care of end-to-end security assessments on vendor offerings and carry out VAPT tests and make recommendations based on the results. All in all, its a broad-ranging, responsible role.
Your excellent personal skills will make the real difference here. Youll be someone who thrives nurturing partnerships with stakeholders and cutting through complex IT issues with clear business language.
Job Requirements:What we need from you
Were keen to hear from men and women with professional experience from an Information Risk and Control Advisory role, and a qualification in CISSP, CISA, CRISC or CISM. Along with your strong influencing and problem-solving skills, and a passion for learning new technologies, wed also hope to see as many of the following on your CV:
- An understanding of the technology landscape (application and infrastructure) and an ability to confidently deliver risk assessment on applications, networks and systems.
- Substantial experience with internal and external IT security standards and relevant legal compliance aspects.
- Proven technical knowledge in security domains and technologies, including identity and access management, data leakage, vulnerability assessment, and cloud security.
An innovative place to work
- Proven experience performing end-to-end security assessment on vendor offerings.
- An ability to drive education and awareness of information security related issues and risks.
- Experience of reviewing and improving information security controls and participating in the assurance and architecture level discussions in the engagements.
Theres never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and youll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways were nurturing an inclusive environment one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential
- Were creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and well take it from there.
- Were closing the gender gap whether thats through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- Were striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
A rewarding place to work
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
Were huge advocates for career development. Well encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.