This position will work under the direction of the Sector HR Director in support of the Oil and Gas group and the Field Services practice. In this role, the Senior HR Advisor will partner with clients at all levels of the organization to provide support and consultation in the key disciplines of Human Resources, i.e. recruitment, compensation, employee development and engagement, employee relations, performance management, and workforce planning.
The position will also initiate and lead HR related projects for deployment within the practice. This role will focus on providing excellent customer service and supporting initiatives and programs that will drive the strategic direction of the practice.
The position can be based in Houston, TX or Tulsa, OK.
- Consults with and advises practice executive and senior leadership on HR strategies including recruiting, retention, organizational planning, training, compensation, employee development/engagement, performance management, and other HR initiatives
- Advises, counsels, and guides management and employees on the proper use and interpretation of HR policies, plans, and programs
- Functions as an internal consultant to leaders on achieving business goals
- Liaisons with HR professionals in the HR Operations teams and other sectors to facilitate employee movement and collaboration as needed
- Facilitates employee development and training initiatives through administration of performance management program and related programs
- Responsible for conducting investigations and resolving employee relations issues/concerns
- Consults on compensation, policies and other company programs
- Assists managers in preparation of strategic data, analysis, and reports as requested
- Demonstrates effective communication style with employees and managers, and is available as needed when urgent business matters arise
- Works with centralized HR Operations teams to ensure all employee transactions (new hires, transfers, personnel change requests, etc.) are managed effectively in ServiceNow/ADP
- Participates in projects and special initiatives as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field of study. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8 years Human Resources Generalist experience (employee relations, staffing, compensation, etc.), preferably in the oil and gas industry.
- Applied experience in employee relations, policy administration, performance management, organizational effectiveness, compensation, and recruiting
- Experience in consulting with senior leaders and line managers; ability to provide candid and direct feedback
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and deliver results while working in a fast-paced, change-driven environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in MS office (intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills)
- Flexible and creative; the ideal candidate brings a positive, high-energy attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including effective business writing
- Action oriented with the ability to prioritize and do multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and influence with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to conduct investigations and manage employee relations issues
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills to deliver training initiatives and related topics to large audiences within the client group
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience working with non-traditional work schedules for field employees, pay practices and resolving issues with payroll as necessary
- Must be able to travel to field locations (approximately 20% travel time)
Job Type: Full-time
- HR Generalist: 5 years (Required)
- Hr Policies & Procedures: 5 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Powerpoint: 3 years (Preferred)