PRIMARY OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Group Process Engineer is the primary keeper of the proprietary Hydrodec technology. The position is responsible for maintaining intellectual property and its documentation in the form of P&IDs;, PFDs and detailed process descriptions and designs. The position is also responsible for developing optimization strategies and designs to ensure the manufactured products meet quality and cost objectives. The Group Process Engineer will also support the Group operations, as assigned, with capital project development and execution and participating in debottlenecking, troubleshooting and optimization of the operation. Projects are to be planned and executed utilizing sound engineering principles to achieve budget, safety, regulatory and operational objectives.
- Maintain Hydrodec technology by ensuring all documentation (P&IDs;, PFDs, designs, process descriptions, process control cause & effect charts, etc.) are kept current and have adequate safeguards in place to prevent unauthorized access or modification.
- Work with appropriate business groups within Hydrodec to support licensing of the proprietary Hydrodec technology to outside interests. Organize and direct pre-commissioning, commissioning and training activities for new licensee operations. Work directly with engineering companies and construction contractors to ensure new licensee facilities are designed & constructed per Hydrodec requirements.
- Manage and oversee the preparation of contractor bid requests for new projects and for existing plant expansions from a process technology perspective including the refinement of project scopes, cost estimates, schedules, CAPEX requests and contractor bid packages. Manage the dialogue between Hydrodec and the bidders, develop and manage a project deliverables schedule and timeline, and participate in decision making in the contractor selection process.
- In support of Group operations, develop detailed process and/or equipment designs to assist in the development and implementation of process improvement and optimization initiatives. Ensure projects are executed and managed to achieve budget, schedule, safety, regulatory and operational objectives.
- Be the owner and champion of Hydrodec’s Management of Change (MOC) system. Ensure all process and documentation modifications are conducted in accordance with this system.
- Ensure compliance, as applicable, to Process Safety Management principles and requirements.
- Perform engineering calculations as required, including but not limited to, material and energy balances, pump and line sizing, heat transfer calculations, relief valve sizing, etc.
- Support the start-up / commissioning of select engineering projects, plant modifications and new installations, including HAZOP and PSSR. Assist with operator training on new or modified equipment, processes, procedures and installations.
- Actively develop and implement cost saving initiatives regarding energy and waste reduction.
KEY RESULTS AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
- 100% compliance to safety, environmental and other regulatory requirements within areas of responsibility. Active participation and support of Hydrodec safety and environmental initiatives.
- All Hydrodec proprietary technology is kept current and appropriately safeguarded from unauthorized access or modification.
- Process and/or equipment designs are developed to optimize manufacturing efficiencies and product quality.
- New, expanded or licensee facilities are designed and constructed per Hydrodec requirements and commissioned safely within budget and schedule constraints.
- Development and execution of assigned engineering projects that meet budget, schedule, technical, regulatory and operational objectives.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Chemical Engineering. Mechanical Engineering degree may be considered with extensive experience in the chemical or oil processing industry.
- Minimum of 5 years applicable experience in a process industry, preferably chemical or oil / petrochemical manufacturing. Experience with hydrogen processing highly desirable.
- Familiarity with chemical processing equipment such as pressure vessels, relief valves, control valves, pumps, compressors, vacuum pumps, hydraulic systems, instrumentation and automated control systems. An understanding of materials selection for such equipment is highly desirable.
- Strong computer skills, including demonstrated experience with MS Office, MS Project, process simulation software, AutoCAD and controls automation software.
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experienced in developing project scopes and capital budget estimates and successfully executing capital projects.
- Experience in an OSHA 1910.119 PSM regulated process.
- Experience in managing capital projects including contractor management and negotiations desirable.
Job Type: Full-time
- Process Industry (preferably chemical or oil/petrochemical): 5 years