One of todays biggest challenges is to reduce emissions in times of rising demand for energy. As one of the largest suppliers of energy products for private individuals as well as public sectors Shell is actively contributing to providing cleaner energy solutions. In Germany we employ 3,500 colleagues who work together along the value chain from research and development to manufacturing and distribution of all our products incl. petrochemicals, fuels and lubricants, gas and power as well as an expanding new energies business.
This is an excellent opportunity to begin your challenging career within Shell; a leading energy solutions company where you can experience working in a diverse and inclusive environment and enjoy the variety of benefits that Shell has to offer. Among other things at Shell you can benefit from:
An innovative place to work
- Our international business cluster where we cultivate strong peer collaboration
- A first-class onboarding and excellent training and development opportunities
- Working independently, having utmost flexibility to organize and manage your tasks
Theres never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and youll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways were nurturing an inclusive environment one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential
- Were creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and well take it from there.
- Were closing the gender gap whether thats through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- Were striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
A rewarding place to work
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
Were huge advocates for career development. Well encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Job Description:Great opportunity for an experienced marketer passionate about lower-carbon mobility solutions.Where you fit in
In times of energy transition Shell is actively diversifying it product portfolio, offering customers lower-carbon energy sources, especially in focusing on mobility solutions. Besides growing our local network of retail stations of liquified natural gas, hydrogen and electric vehicle charging points, Shell is expanding its business operations in GTL (gas-to-liquid).
Shell GTL Fuel has unique clean combustion and bio-degradability properties. It offers an immediate, competitive drop in solution to help improve local emissions from diesel engines. This makes GTL Fuel an attractive air quality solution in urban environments. Applications range from haulage trucks and public transport, construction and power generation, to marine and rail applications.
In Germany there is a steady increase in GTL sales since 2016. The city diesel bans, the public conversation on local air quality and the interest in e-fuels have increased the visibility of synthetic fuels like GTL, which results into additional enquiries and demand especially in the Marine segment, for ground operations at airports as well as public transport. As a result, our Shell branded resellers are much more active in selling the product compared to earlier years.Whats the role:
The GTL (gas-to-liquid) Marketing Specialist is an exciting new role within our Branded Reseller team and is tasked to support the deployment of Shell GTL Fuel as a premium, differentiated diesel product in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. As GTL Marketing Speicialist you will be the technical interface between Shell resellers and our research and development department.
Your main tasks include:
- Handle all reseller/customer enquiries with regards to OEM approvals including possible warranty extensions
- Investigate local legislation and communicate with local public authorities
- Support internal as well as external communications in alignment with External Relations
- Prepare and execute visits at fairs and exhibitions and participate in various internal and external workshops and events
- Take care about advertisements, both print and digital
- Prepare and execute customer testimonials in cooperation with agencies
- Setup material master data in GSAP and adjustment of product information sheet, translate GTL content into Digital Sales Hub
Job Requirements:What we need from you
We are looking for an experienced marketer with excellent communication skills, who is passionate about alternative energy solutions. Beyond that, wed hope to see some of the following on your CV:
- Bachelors or masters degree in business or engineering, preferably with a marketing focus
- Relevant work experience in marketing/communications/sales
- Understanding of engine technology and product quality are beneficial
- Awareness for HSSE priorities and compliance regulations
- Fluency in German and English (B2 level)
Please note: We occasionally amend withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.