The RSK Group is a dynamic, multidisciplinary environmental consultancy and services provider servicing a wide range of property, manufacturing, oil, gas and energy clients. Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference.
Our success is founded on the talent of our employees, so we recognise the importance of personal growth, encouragement and earned rewards. As a company, we want you to share in our achievements and we want to be a conduit for your success.
As a result of success over the past year our business is expanding and we are looking for a talented professional, seeking an exciting career opportunity and a fulfilling lifestyle in one of the UK’s Top 10 environmental companies.
Graduate Environmental Consultant – Dublin
Excellent opportunity for passionate environmental graduates to join RSK’s established multi-disciplinary team in Belfast and Dublin; candidates will ideally have some practical experience (a placement would suffice) working on environmental projects, ideally within consultancy.
Successful candidates will be working on high profile projects helping some of the Ireland and the UK’s leading organisations to safeguard the environment for the future.
This role will involve working on projects from across the team in a variety of technical areas, including contaminated land, waste classification, hydrogeology, environmental impact assessment, ecology and asbestos.
- Assisting senior consultants with work on a range of projects in the following sectors: geosciences, hydrogeology, asbestos, ecology and EIA
- Carrying out research into environmental issues, legislation and other topics,
- Writing detailed reports, feasibility studies, environmental reviews and environmental statements
- Assisting with production of proposals and tenders
- Working with regulators and liaising with clients
- Providing advice on environmental issues
- Supporting senior consultants with project administration and financial management
- Contributing to the general running of the office, carrying out office administration tasks.
Desired experience and qualities
- BSc degree level qualified in a relevant discipline
- Preferably MSc qualified in relevant subject
- Professional Membership (advantageous)
- Some experience working on consultancy projects (advantageous)
- Flexible, can-do attitude
- Some knowledge of UK and Irish legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good team player, with the ability to work autonomously
- Enthusiastic and well organised.
- Full driving license
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary and life assurance
- Regular training and career development
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2017) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
For more information please call Sarah Murphy, HR Manager on +44 117 300 4295 or email email@example.com.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer