Are you interested to take on a new challenge within the growing energy industry?
We're looking for Fixed Equipment and Inspection Engineers to join the Engineering team at the ExxonMobil Refinery and Chemical Plant in Rotterdam with possibilities to work on large projects abroad in the future.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for the development and implementation of fixed equipment strategies, including defining inspection scopes.
- You will work with project teams, engineering contractors and suppliers in specifying/acquiring equipment, ensuring that specifications are met and follow projects through to start-up.
- You will be evaluating inspection results and repair scopes, in order to guarantee reliable operation.
- You will be updating equipment strategies, during which you will apply validated RBI methodology and re-evaluate the material degradation mechanisms relevant to fixed equipment.
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Be a holder of a bachelor or master degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering.
- Have 5 to 10 years of work experience, preferably within an operating company or a major engineering contractor in the petrochemical or oil & gas industry.
- Be fluent in Dutch and English.
Furthermore, you should possess the following technical knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of the ”Warenwet- en Praktijkbesluit Drukapparatuur” and the design codes for pressure vessels, heat exchangers, storage tanks and piping, such as PED, ASME, TEMA and API.
- Experience with performing Root Cause Failure Analyses (RCFA) and evaluation of material and mechanical defects.
- Possession of the Inspection Certificate Level 3 (Inspectie- en Keuringsdeskundige) or in the process of obtaining such a level 3 certificate.
Successful candidates should possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a team environment. Therefore, you should:
- Demonstrate personal accountability for quality of work.
- Use measured risk approach in all business decisions.
- Continuously improve functional knowledge & critical working skills.
- Proactively apply engineering and problem solving skills to meet challenging safety and business objectives.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Have strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Be able to handle multiple priorities, manage deadlines with different timescales and changing priorities.
Your journey with us:
- Join our down to earth, driven, result-oriented team focused on getting the best out of each other.
- Become part of our open company culture with international mindset and opportunities.
- We will continuously train and develop you through our hands-on approach, job rotation system and regular trainings.
- We will support you in utilizing your acquired skills to become our future generation of best in class technical specialists or managers.
- We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package, amongst others including defined benefit pension scheme.
The Rotterdam Fixed Equipment & Inspection group is ISO-IVG certified.