Our international operator Oil & Gas client is seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to join the Financial Analysis team, initially on a 6-month contract to support budgeting and reporting activities for 2020 and beyond.
This position will provide support to the Planning & Analysis team in preparing forecasts, integrated business planning, portfolio decision support and perform reconciliations of the financial modelling system.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of financial information contained in the forecast;
- Support portfolio decision incremental analysis, including coded projects and reporting of new business opportunities;
- Engage in continuous improvement in the development of the department’s financial analysis, modelling, governance framework and process documentation and mapping;
- Review financial model including reconciliations and provide advice on how to satisfy business requirements and improve efficiency and effectiveness of financial modelling;
- Quarterly Forecasting;
- Support adhoc financial forecast updates, including taking responsibility for specific Assets and/or financial models;
- Build and sustain effective networks with colleagues, and stakeholders.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Accounting / Commerce, and also professionally qualified as either a CA or CPA;
- At least 5 years working experience as a professional in finance / accounting with experience, ideally with experience having commenced a career within a Big 4 accounting firm;
- Exposure to forecasting/analysis in a previous role
- Solid technical accounting knowledge with experience in the oil and gas industry an advantage in order to model finance and commercial issues, as well as ability in developing and maintaining effective business relationships
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Experience with large ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle and Hyperion Systems.
For more information or to apply for the role please contact Brendan Fernandez on +61 8 9420 7500.
Job Type: Contract
- No work eligibility is required, I am willing to sponsor the right candidate (e.g. visa) (Preferred)