Requisition Id: 18710
Department: Controller Department
Summary of Responsibilities
Pembina Pipeline is currently recruiting an experienced Manager, Financial Accounting. Based in the Calgary corporate office, the Manager is responsible for financial reporting and revenue accounting for Pembina’s Oil Sands & Heavy Oil Business Unit (“OBU”). Reporting to the Business Unit Controller, this role will lead a diverse team of accountants and analysts to ensure timely and accurate accounting, invoicing, reporting and analysis of OBU’s financial results. In addition to providing guidance, leadership and mentorship to the team members, the role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
Financial Reporting and Revenue Accounting
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of the business unit’s monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages, supporting financial statements and schedules;
- Present monthly financial scorecard and board highlight reports to management;
- Coordinate with field managers and employees on reporting and analysis of monthly results and ensure accuracy, timeliness and completeness;
- Review and approve monthly JV and cost recovery accruals and actuals, including external and intercompany entries;
- Review and approve customer invoices and 13th month adjustments to ensure they are in accordance with contractual terms;
- Collaborate with Corporate Accounting and Internal Audit to ensure OBU’s compliance with IFRS accounting standards and SOX controls;
- Recommend process improvements and maintain and update SAP system configurations to facilitate accurate and efficient accounting and financial reporting; and
- Assist in internal and external audit processes.
Leadership and Management
- Provide recommendations for changes and enhancements to business practices to senior management based on thorough analysis of financial performance data;
- Manage a team of several individuals to achieve required results within tight timelines; and
- Develop employee skills through mentoring, training and accredited professional designation education, interacting with internal and external stakeholders while building and maintaining strong relationships.
Other ad hoc duties as required such as supporting growth projects and liaising with other business units on intercompany and integrated transactions.
- Post-secondary education in accounting, business or related degree;
- Professional accounting designation is required (CA, CGA, CMA, CPA);
- 10 years related experience with 3+ years in a supervisory or management position;
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a team-oriented attitude;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interface positively and effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including the executive level;
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced, dynamic and dead-line driven environment;
- Adaptable to changing priorities and proven ability to multi-task while meeting strict deadlines; and
- Working knowledge of SAP would be considered an asset.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation has been serving the transportation and midstream service needs of North America's energy industry for over 60 years. We process, terminal and transport our customers' products safely - all while protecting the environment and delivering on our commitments to our shareholders and community stakeholders. When we build something, we do it right.
Powering Pembina's growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high, and so are our rewards. We treat our people well – whether it’s through our total compensation package, our community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous fun social activities.
Pembina is a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018 and 2019), Alberta's Top 75 Employers (2014-2019), and Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2019). We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.