What We Do-Our Purpose
Southern Cross partners with natural gas, electric, water, and oil utilities to ensure our mutual success. We have been in business for seven decades as an industry leader, innovator, and effective partner in utility field services. We have locations across North America and partner with our customers and employees to protect lives, property and client infrastructure by delivering high quality services.
Who We Are-Our Company Culture
We are a company who differentiates ourselves from the competition because of the high quality of our people, our work, and our processes. By fostering a culture of quality, innovation, and teamwork we work together to find better ways of getting things done. If you share these values and are looking to start or build a solid career, here’s one word of advice-apply!
We are looking for career-minded individuals who:
- Have an appreciation for safety & produce quality work
- Are motivated to be trained & learn new skills
- Enjoy the outdoors (as this is where you'd spend most of your time)
- Appreciate working independently
- Desire to start OR advance a career in utility field services
***No prior experience required; Paid Training***Grow a new career in the energy industry! Apply today!
What You Will Do
Gas Leak Survey Technicians, a specific type of surveyor, inspects gas lines and pipes to determine the origin and severity of a gas leak. As a Gas Leak Survey Technician, you will be detecting, locating, and evaluating gas leaks and reporting leaks to the gas company.
- Accurately detect and classify gas leaks
- Complete work in an efficient manner and meet all required completion dates
- Adhere to all safety and quality policies
- Driving to different residential & commercial neighborhoods to perform gas leak checks
- Valid, Unexpired Driver’s License
- Pass a 7-year background check and Drug Test
- Must be proficient in using technology
- Must adhere to safety requirements & have customer service experience
- Must be able to work outdoors in various weather & walk 3+ miles per day
Work Status & Shift
Full Time, Monday-Thursday 7:00am-5:30pm overtime on Fridays including occasional weekends
Bending, crouching, kneeling, and walking several miles per day; carry up to 20 lbs of equipment; be able to effectively communicate with customers in a courteous manner displaying excellent customer service and perform other duties as assigned; Observes and follows all company/client procedures; Possess excellent customer service/communication skills; Be available for overtime (which may include weekends); Be comfortable using computers/technology
What You Will Earn
Starting pay is $14.00 per hour
Benefits included: Company Vehicle, Medical/Dental/Vision Plan, 401K Plan, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Training & Development, Company Discount Program, and many more benefits!
Remote interview process
Social distancing guidelines in place
Our industry requires all candidates to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a 7 year background check.
To learn more about us, please visit our careers website at: www.southerncrosshire.com.
Southern Cross Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.