Come grow with us!
As a California company that accounts for about 25% of the state’s oil production, Aera holds the values of Californians: we strive to innovate, we celebrate productivity and advocate for the preservation of our beautiful state. The oil we produce enables millions of Californians to travel to work every day, allows businesses to grow and thrive, and helps California-grown food to arrive at dinner.
Aera is looking for candidates who want to be a part of something bigger than themselves-authentic individuals who believe in having a career that makes a meaningful impact on our company and the world.
We are looking for the brightest minds and boldest spirits; people with a passion for learning, growing, and continuously improving and innovating. We want individuals who live our values each and every day and will help us power great todays and better tomorrows.
Position Key Deliverables:
- Provide guidance and implementation support (plans, scope of work and specifications) for key pipeline mechanical integrity (MI) activities on DOT/CSFM regulated pipelines or Aera Gas Delivery pipelines
- Maintain PODS database and other key records (MAOP/MOP calculations, PRV calculations, pipe/weld tracking) for the above pipelines so that key pipeline data and MI data is accessible through the webmap browser or other documents
- Manage standard and specification deviation requests for static equipment
- Manage standard and specification revision and updates for static equipment
- Prepare Aera Addendum to industry codes & standards to be adopted
- Develop new Aera specification and obtain Aera community input
- Perform assessment/re-assessment for adoption of Unlisted components for use in specific ASME B31 Codes
- Serve as EREG (Equipment Reliability Engineering Group) sub-team lead for development of Recommended Practices
- Generate, review and interpret process and hydraulic modeling using programs such as PIPE-FLO, HYSIS, etc.
- Perform Fitness For Service analysis
- Serve as SME (Subject Matter Expert) for Aera’s Unfired Pressure Vessel Written Fitness for Service Program
- Perform and Document High Consequence Area Mitigation Option Investigation for regulated pipelines
- Serve as an SME for Aera Foreign Trade Control Compliance Policy and Program
Position Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage MI assessments/surveys for DOT/CSFM regulated pipelines or Aera Gas Delivery pipelines
- Achieve strong relationships & effective communications with a team of Aera and Contractors that include engineers, process teams, purchasing, DOT Advisor, Contractor personnel to implement MI assessments in support of the business plans.
- Provide project guidance and implementation that supports continued development of chemical and mechanical integrity programs, standard operating procedures and preventative maintenance practices
- Work with operating teams and project engineers to answer piping code compliance questions
- Perform SME duties as required by Aera Foreign Trade Control Compliance Policy and Program
- Serve as SME reviewer in appropriate areas consistent with knowledge as requested by CPE Manager
- Serve as business SME for Aera pipeline webmap browser to support Aera GIS technician and IT Department in maintaining the PODS database, prioritization of activities, defining enhancements opportunities and serve as business champion for IT project(s) to upgrade the application
- SAPL (San Ardo Pipe Line) committee member and advisor
- EREG advisor
- Lead by example and promote Aera’s Purpose, Vision, & Values
- Value & encourage diversity and foster a learning organization & a CI mindset
- Value honesty, integrity, and respect when dealing with others
- Strong facility engineering skills, initiative, and strong willingness to learn are required to support resolving challenging technical issues. Facilities engineering and operational experience with oilfield pipelines and surface equipment design is desirable.
- Familiarity with analysis of corroded pipe (ASME B31G, modified B31G, RSTRNG) is desirable
- Familiarity with ASME B31.8S is desirable
- Familiarity with fitness for service analysis per API 579 is desirable
- Familiarity with key pipeline regulations (CFR Title 49 Part 192 and Part 195, CSFM regulations and DOGGR) is desirable
- Prior experience with implementation of In-Line Inspection, analysis of results and development of repair recommendation is desirable
- Work well within a team, and exhibit accountability to the members of the team, and to other disciplines
- Leadership skills; familiarity with & interest in continuous improvement, business process improvement, and Lean Methodology
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be resilient by recognizing that change is constant. The ability to persevere and excel in the face of adversity by turning challenges into opportunities.
- Must be accountable to yourself, others, and the community in which we live, work, and operate.
- Must be innovative by having a passion for learning and relentless commitment to improvement.
- Must be collaborative by respecting and celebrating differences and recognizing the power of uniqueness.
- Desired 5-10+ years of facilities/design engineering experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledgeable of oil & gas producing operations, processes, & equipment
- Knowledgeable of ASME, ATSM, DOT, & API standards & specifications
- Facility engineering experience (5-10+ years) in the upstream oil & gas business
Aera Energy Services Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled