At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
EXP is currently searching for an Environmental Scientist , located in Houston, Texas or Tallahassee, Florida offices to lead all aspects of environmental project management, including client management.
- Prepare detailed proposals and cost estimates for existing and new client contracts.
- Manage environmental permitting, regulatory strategy development, environmental field surveys, and construction compliance for a variety of energy-related projects, including, but not limited to, regulated and non-regulated pipeline projects, oil and gas downstream facilities, and tank terminals.
- Manage environmental and cultural resource survey subcontractors and firms assigned to project phases.
- Manage the permitting of projects including those associated with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), state agencies including State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO), and county and local agencies.
- Ensure overall performance and accuracy of documents prepared for environmental and cultural resource services in accordance with National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA) and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) guidelines as applicable.
- Oversee the preparation of biological assessments for Section 7 ESA consultation requirements and cultural resource reporting for Section 106 of the NHPA.
- Ability to review project work, quantities, costs, accuracy of specifications, completeness, and constructability.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, including advanced technical writing abilities.
- Ability to maintain and establish effective working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to compile, review and reconcile data for accuracy, completeness and compliance.
- Ability to perform work accurately in a detail oriented environment.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, procedures, correspondences, and other written materials.
The Skills and Knowledge You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Geology or a related field with a minimum of 2+ years of experience specific to managing the permitting, environmental and cultural resource consulting or NEPA documentation for oil and gas projects.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of project planning, development, and evaluation related to the energy services industry.
- Knowledge of computer applications and functions, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, and Outlook.
What EXP Can Offer
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, over 3,000 creative EXP professionals across North America provide the passion and expertise needed to deliver successful projects around the world.
Our promise is to offer you a challenging career in a positive and dynamic work environment, and it is a promise we take seriously.
Join a dynamic team at EXP that provides you with innovative projects, the capacity to develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible working hours, and much more! When you explore what EXP has to offer, you’ll find exponential possibilities.
For more information, visit www.exp.com .