Our client is looking for an Environmental Advisor on a permanent staff basis.
- Providing a competent and proactive service to onshore and offshore asset personnel to ensure that environmental requirements are fully understood and risks, controls and mitigations identified and put in place in a timely, economical and effective fashion, from operations through to decommissioning, including projects, drilling, infill, etc.
- Working collaboratively with OAG to influence and drive robust environmental management and performance improvement.
- Supporting Onshore and Offshore Teams with environmental issues / concerns e.g. roll out of procedures, incident reporting requirements, coaching and awareness raising.
- Supporting development and enhancement of HSES Management System.
- Developing, reviewing and updating relevant EMS and supporting documentation relevant to the operated assets to support compliance with BU EMS e.g. aspects registers, improvement objectives etc.
- Coordinating and managing all relevant permits, licences, authorisations, notifications and consents and maintain the asset PLANC register.
- Collaborating with the Operated Asset H&S; Advisor to prepare, execute and follow up on the environmental content of the annual asset HSE improvement and audit plan.
- In collaboration with the Operated Asset H&S; Advisor and HSE Lead, establishing regular monthly HSE and quarterly performance review meetings with Operated Asset installation operators, communicating issues and monitoring associated actions as appropriate.
- Acting as Asset Focal Point providing support during interaction with regulators and other stakeholders on environmental matters related to led activities e.g. DSV, LWIV, drilling campaigns.
- Collating, monitoring and reporting on environmental performance and metrics associated with Operated Asset facilities e.g. EEMS and OSPAR and corporate environmental reporting.
- Monitoring environmental trends / issues raised from observation cards / active monitoring processes and share lessons.
- Ensuring relevant findings from incidents / audits associated with Operated Asset are recorded in systems as required, monitor and reporting on management of corrective / preventative actions.
- Undertaking offshore / onshore site audits, assurance visits, incident investigations and awareness programmes, as required.
- Providing assistance to the UKBU Environmental Team Lead by supporting the preparation, implementation and review of environmental processes and procedures forming part of the UK BU HSES management system as required.
- Acting as subject matter expert (SME) for an environmental aspect as requested by BU Environment Team Lead e.g. waste, radiation etc.
- Supporting and delivering emergency response roles as required.
- Interfacing with and influencing Operated Asset Team to drive HSE performance improvement.
- Achieving continual improvement through others.
Financial Accountability and Dimensions
- Input and oversight of environmental element of Operated Asset HSE budgets.
Management Relationships (Including Direct / Indirect Reports, External Parties)
- HSE Lead OAG (direct line management)
- Asset Manager (indirect)
- Operations Manager (indirect)
Direct Reports (Internal Employees / External Parties):
- Internal – none.
- External – third party contractors and Consultants.
Indirect (Internal Employees / External Parties):
- Offshore Company Representatives.
- Operated Asset personnel.
- External Environmental Contractors and Consultants.
- Regulators and stakeholders.
- Regulators and Industry Forums.
- Attending O&G; Forums in line with SME assignment.
- Attending bi-annual regulatory liaison meetings.
- Educated to degree level in appropriate environmental based degree e.g. BSc in Environmental Science.
- Minimum BEIS level 3 Oil Spill Management (or willingness to obtain).
- Lead Auditor / auditing experience desirable.
- Incident investigation training – 5-Y minimum, lead investigator level desirable.
- Radiation Protection Supervisor Awareness desirable.
- BOSIET / FOET, MIST and Offshore Medical (or willingness to obtain).
Candidate Profile (Including Skills and Experience, Attributes, Behaviours)
Skills / Experience:
- Relevant experience working in environmental field in offshore upstream Oil and Gas Sector (preferably operator environment).
- Breadth of experience including offshore production, subsea, drilling and well intervention operations.
- Proven track record in environmental permitting including in-depth UK Oil Portal experience.
- Experience of regulator and stakeholder liaison.
- Track record of environmental auditing – preferably as Lead.
- Demonstrable incident investigation experience – preferably as Lead.
- Experience of developing and delivering in-house awareness training.
- Experienced in working and influencing a mixed group of stakeholders.
Knowledge (e.g. Systems, Software, Procedures, Regulations):
- Demonstrable intimate knowledge of UK Environmental legislation and standards.
- Extensive knowledge of EU ETS and comprehensive working knowledge of ETSWAP and EU Emissions Registry portal systems.
- Detailed working knowledge relevant permitting systems and processes including full competence in operation of the UK Oil Portal.
- In-depth knowledge of Management Systems specifically ISO 14001:2015.
- Working knowledge of SEMS / CMAPP and SCR2015 specifically MEI and MPI requirements.
- Working knowledge of Synergi, PLANC Manager, environmental risk assessment.
Attributes and Behaviours:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrable experience and success.
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive and tenacity to generate measurable results.
- Multi-tasking, flexibility and prioritisation skill.
- Effective planner and organiser.
- Clear vision, passion and drive to lead continual improvement, implementing strategic plans to achieve long term goals.
- A passion to meet the corporate HSES goal.
- Personal drive to go beyond compliance and to achieve HSE excellence and best practice.
- Ability to use personal credibility and relationships to mentor or assist others.
- Takes a pragmatic approach to work and acts with integrity.
Additional Role Requirements
- Flexibility and willing to provide support and cover for other HSES team members e.g. during vacations.
- The above is intended to provide a description of the ACCOUNTABILITIES of the role. Duties and responsibilities attached to roles may change from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.