At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil's state-of-the-art campus north of Houston serves as home to its Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses and their associated service groups. The facility opened in 2014 and accommodates more than 10,000 employees and visitors.
By bringing many global functional groups together, the campus provides employees with the tools and capabilities needed today, and in the future, to achieve business objectives and accelerate the discovery of new resources, technologies and products. It was designed to foster improved collaboration, creativity and innovation and enhance the company’s ability to attract, develop and retain the top talent in the industry.
The campus is located in Spring, Texas, on 385 wooded acres immediately to the west of Interstate Highway 45 (I-45), at the intersection of I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road, approximately 25 miles from the cultural vibrancy of downtown Houston.
The campus was constructed to the highest standards of energy efficiency and environmental stewardship. Its design incorporates extensive research into best practices in building and workplace design through extensive benchmarking of the world’s top academic, research, and corporate facilities.
Learn more about what we do in Houston here
What role you will play in our team
The environmental advisor position provides environmental & regulatory compliance support to operating assets including refineries, chemical plants, production, processing and associated support facilities regarding national, federal, state and local environmental regulations. The Advisor may also assist in advocating company positions on emerging issues and regulations, primarily through national and or state trade organizations. Coordinates key environmental management processes in support of business units, including impact assessments, business planning, and regulatory advocacy.
What you will do
- Provide support and assist in developing and implementing compliance strategies for U.S. refineries, chemical plants and production or processing facilities on Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and relevant state regulations including National Ambient Air Quality Standards, New Source Performance Standards, Hazardous Air Pollutant Regulations, Title V operating permits and New Source Review construction permits
- Become familiar with operating assets, company environmental policy, and standards; Provide technical support for site environmental management processes.
- Support compliance assurance systems (e.g., preparation of regulatory outlooks, analysis of new regulations, preparation of regulatory interpretations, and preparing applicability determinations)
- Assist in conducting workshops and training on existing and new EPA regulations and prepare compliance support tools (e.g. compliance checklists and manuals)
- Utilize environmental experience in conducting periodic site compliance assessments
- Support ExxonMobil advocacy staff on regulatory issues to help drive reasonable rulemaking and regulatory interpretations
- Understand how company procedures and processes are used to drive environmental protection and regulatory compliance support with corresponding work processes
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in engineering or related science or technical field
- A minimum of 8 years’ of direct experience in U.S. Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA) or Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA) regulations
- Experience in federal and state air permitting programs, including New Source Review and Prevention of Significant Deterioration
- On-site environmental, technical, or operating experience at a chemical, refining or production facility
- Awareness of environmental regulations globally
- Experience in developing and supporting environmental compliance assurance systems
- Demonstrated ability to influence and promote change through use of performance data, technical knowledge and regulatory expertise
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to multiple organizational levels both internally and externally with trade association members and regulatory agencies
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Leadership experiences in environmental and regulatory (E&R) compliance support
- Direct interface with state and/or federal agencies concerning E&R compliance topics
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
We offer you:
- Pension Plan: Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you. The basic benefit is a monthly annuity to be paid to you in retirement for the rest of your life
- Savings Plan: You can contribute between 6% and 20% of your pay and are encouraged to enroll right away. If you contribute at least 6% to your savings plan, the Company will contribute a 7% match
- Workplace Flexibility: We have several programs such as “Flex your Day”, providing ad-hoc flexibility around when and where you work, as well as longer-term programs such as leaves of absence and part-time work
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Culture of Health: Programs and resources to support your wellbeing
- Employee Health Advisory Program: Provides confidential professional counseling for you and your family, including tools and resources promoting mental health and resiliency at no additional cost to you
- Disability Plan: Income replacement for when you cannot work due to illness or injury occurring on or off the job. Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you
More information on our Company’s benefits can be found at www.exxonmobilfamily.com.
Please note benefits may be changed from time to time without notice, subject to applicable law.
Employee equal opportunity
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.
Process-Safety Ingenieur/in (m/w/d) |
Hannover , Germany | 4 hours ago
Safety Lead |
Huizhou , China | 15 days ago
Cold Lake Environmental Student |
Confidential , Confidential | 23 days ago
Environmental Advisor |
Beaumont , United States | 26 days ago
Praktikant/in im Bereich Health and Safety (m/w/d) |
Großenkneten , Germany | a month ago