- Implementing the Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) Program, including all reporting functions
- Wildlife management support
- Environmental spills tracking, including managing IMPACT
- Support regulatory sampling and internal and external reporting as required
- Support implementation of new regulatory requirements
- Supporting various advocacy efforts related to new and changing regulations
- Generally provides support to refinery personnel in ensuring continued compliance with environmental regulations
- Monitors developing legislation and co-ordinates refinery compliance with new legislation
- Reporting to the Environment and Regulatory Lead, assists and guides operations personnel to ensure compliance with environment regulations. Support the wildlife program including permitting and reporting, support coordination of external and internal regulatory compliance assessments, implementation of the Leak Detection and Repair Program, which includes stewardship and reporting to meet regulatory obligations, developing regulatory reports and completing environmental sampling and data collection as required.
- Receives guidance and assistance in work prioritization from Environment and Regulatory Lead. Works in collaboration with other members of the Environment Team.
- Applicants must possess a University degree in Engineering, ideally in a technical field related to Environmental & Regulatory management
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in an industrial setting and/or environment/regulatory experience. Specific skill sets used in the position include analytical and problem-solving; ability to read and interpret complex regulatory documents; ability to write about technical matters in an understandable way; ability to handle multiple tasks, meeting deadlines with accurate, well-documented and high quality reports.
- Implement the LDAR Program, including ensuring ongoing compliance with regulatory timelines
- Completes and supports internal and external regulatory reporting ensuring effective and accurate information is submitted.
- Complete environmental data collection and sampling
- Provide support for internal environmental performance reporting
- Supports the delivery of the Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) for Regulatory Management, including maintaining compliance directories, supporting review of new and emerging legislation and supporting coordination of internal and external regulatory compliance assessments
- Lead the wildlife program, including permitting and reporting
- Support the implementation of new regulatory requirements
- Ensure complete records are maintained in IMPACT for environmental related Near Loss Incidents and Incidents, including maintaining a record of releases
- Participates in the annual regulatory compliance self-assessment program for safety, health and environment regulations (approximately 30 regulations per year)
Start Date: February, 2023
Location: Nanticoke, ON
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation and working with communities and our Indigenous neighbours to meet rising energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
Imperial is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with qualified applicants to provide reasonable accommodation upon request at Imperial.firstname.lastname@example.org
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictions on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: December 23, 2022
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Process-Safety Ingenieur/in (m/w/d) |
Hannover , Germany | 4 hours ago
Environmental Advisor |
Spring , United States | 3 days ago
Safety Lead |
Huizhou , China | 15 days ago
Cold Lake Environmental Student |
Confidential , Confidential | 23 days ago
Environmental Advisor |
Beaumont , United States | 26 days ago