Raeburn have a permanent role for an Environmental Advisor to work with our client, an Oil & Gas Operator, based in Aberdeen.
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.
- Provide a competent and proactive service to onshore and offshore asset personnel to ensure that environmental requirements are fully understood and risks, controls & mitigations identified and put in place in a timely, economical and effective fashion, from operations through to decommissioning, including projects, drilling, infill, etc.
- Work collaboratively with OAG to influence and drive robust environmental management and performance improvement.
- Support onshore and offshore teams with environmental issues/concerns e.g. roll out of procedures, incident reporting requirements, coaching and awareness raising.
- Support development and enhancement of HSES Management System.
- Develop, review and update relevant EMS and supporting documentation relevant to the operated assets to support compliance with BU EMS e.g. aspects registers, improvement objectives etc.
- Co-ordinate and manage all relevant Permits, Licences, Authorisations, Notifications and Consents and maintain the asset register.
- Act as asset focal point providing support during interaction with regulators and other stakeholders (e.g. Offshore Petroleum Regulator for Environment & Decommissioning (OPRED), Marine Scotland, Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA), Joint Nature Conservation Committee (JNCC), fishing organisations and environmental groups etc.) on environmental matters related to PMO led activities e.g. DSV, LWIV, Drilling campaigns.
- Ensure relevant findings from incidents/audits associated with Operated Asset are recorded in company systems as required, monitor and report on management of corrective/preventative actions.
- Undertake offshore/onshore site audits, assurance visits, incident investigations and awareness programmes, as required.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) for an environmental aspect as requested by BU Environment Team Lead e.g. waste, radiation etc.
- Support and deliver emergency response roles as required
- Interface with and influence operated asset team to drive HSE performance improvement.
- Achieving Continual Improvement through others.
- Educated to degree level in appropriate environmental based degree e.g. BSc in Environmental Science
- Minimum BEIS level 3 Oil Spill Management*
- Lead Auditor/auditing experience desirable
- Incident investigation training, lead investigator level desirable
- Radiation Protection Supervisor Awareness Desirable
- BOSIET/FOET, MIST and Offshore Medical*
*or willingness to obtain
- Relevant experience working in environmental field in offshore upstream Oil & Gas sector (preferably operator environment).
- Breadth of experience including offshore production, subsea, drilling and well intervention operations.
- Proven track record in Environmental permitting including in-depth UK Oil Portal experience.
- Track record of environmental auditing - preferably as lead
- Demonstrable incident investigation experience - preferably as lead
- Experience of developing and delivering in-house awareness training
KNOWLEDGE(E.G. SYSTEMS, SOFTWARE, PROCEDURES, REGULATIONS):
- Demonstrable intimate knowledge of UK Environmental legislation and standards.
- Extensive knowledge of EU ETS and comprehensive working knowledge of ETSWAP and EU Emissions Registry portal systems.
- Detailed working knowledge relevant permitting systems and processes including full competence in operation of the UK OIL Portal.
- In-depth knowledge of Management Systems specifically ISO 14001:2015
- Working knowledge of SEMS / CMAPP and SCR2015 specifically MEI and MPI requirements.
- Working knowledge of Synergi, PLANC Manager, Environmental risk assessment
ADDITIONAL ROLE REQUIREMENTS:
- Flexibility and willing to provide support and cover for other HSES team members e.g. during vacations.