We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Technician looking for an onshore role based in the southern side of Aberdeen.
This is a contract role for an initial 8 month period and would suit an individual looking to develop their career after extensive offshore experience.
The purpose of this role is to provide operational Electrical support during execute phase of the project. The individual wold provide support to the Maintenance build Project Manager and team with the maintenance build activities. The successful candidate would also support the asset Electrical Engineer with any operations readiness activities - process operating procedures, manuals, etc.
The role will be based primarily in the UK operations office working alongside the asset support team and the maintenance build team working office hours 5 days a week.
• Review and comment on equipment maintenance strategies developed by the Maintenance Build engineer for discipline.
• Write / update / review detailed work instructions for the equipment maintenance tasks including extracts of specific method statements from OEM manuals.
• Provide input to the task list operations for the maintenance plans including estimated task resources and duration for electrical tasks and service support (scaffolding access, insulation, isolations, inhibits).
• Attend facilitated FMECA workshops for critical equipment packages.
• Review and provide input to critical spares reviews and output from analysis.
• Review and comment on discipline operation procedures i.e. Black Start, power distribution, isolation/switching, UPS, emergency power, Nav-aids and anti-obstruction lighting.
• Actively support a working environment based on respect for health, safety and environmental issues and supporting the development of a high level of asset integrity and reliability in the design to deliver Operational Excellence in subsequent operations.
• Build effective working relationships with other departments.
• Encourage good, open communication promoting ownership, engagement and adherence to company values.
Knowledge and Experience
• S/NVQ Process Engineering Maintenance (Electrical) Level 3 or equivalent.
• Valid Electricity at Work regs. COMPEX
• Valid HV/LV switching preferred
• Previously held REP authorization an advantage
• Knowledge of electrical maintenance practices, associated technical standards, processes and relevant legislation
• Experience in the control and use of Control of Work including permit to work procedures.
• Prior experience with a good level of knowledge of the following electrical equipment / systems:
o Generator units, UPS, VDS control equipment and protection devices
o Electrical distribution including High-tension switchgear, HV cables, control cables and protection devices
o ATEX and explosion protected equipment
o All testing equipment, meggers, AVOs and multimeters
o Testing and fault finding on HV and LV circuits
o Modify the settings of protection equipment for authorised changes in design
• Written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present technical issues in a clear and concise manner
• Ability to create positive relations to peers and stakeholders internally and externally