ENG is an energy engineering and professional services firm, focused on innovative, cost-effective solutions. ENG has grown into a recognized, international corporation by remaining committed to our clients with fresh ideas and professional experience.
ENGs expertise reaches numerous market sectors, including, but not limited to: petroleum, gas, chemical, power, and petrochemical markets, automation and controls and EPCm (Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management) projects. We firmly believe that attention to detail drives the success of our projects, thus driving the success of our clients.
Seeking a strong Electrical Engineer with Oil & Gas and/or refining experience. This position is for a mid-level or senior level electrical engineer capable of determining specific client requirements and acquiring detailed understanding of project electrical design requirements, schedule, and deliverables. This position requires that the incumbent have the ability to create electrical designs while working independently or with other engineers or designers. This position requires experience and familiarity with materials and equipment associated with, petrochemical, oil and gas pipelines and associated facilities.
- Familiarity with applicable codes such as NFPA 70, 70E, 497, AGA XF0277, API RP 500, etc.
- Evaluate client requirements and author design basis documents, project execution plans and electrical scopes of work.
- Cost-benefit analysis for completing and providing electrical solutions resulting in robust, cost effective designs.
- Provide hands-on electrical engineering while mentoring and coaching the discipline team.
- Preparation of various electrical related studies/calculations.
- Prepares material requisitions including development of electrical equipment specifications and data sheets.
- Contributes to the development of client proposals and project schedules and cost estimates.
- Have a complete understanding of facility requirements including one-line diagrams, area classifications, interconnect wiring diagrams, plans, details and cable schedules.
- Responsible for content and quality of electrical designs
- Supervises electrical design/engineering team
- Maintains Professional Engineering Certifications as required
Electrical Engineer Job Duties:
- Designs electrical power systems for oil and gas refinery and mid-stream clients
- Medium voltage system design
- Evaluates existing system and component capabilities by analyzing systems utilizing engineering software.
- Develops and designs modifications to existing power systems to correct deficiencies.
- Prepares and presents arc-flash studies to client utilizing current available SKM and ETAP software.
- Responsible for reviewing and checking detailed design drawings and documents prior to issue in order to ensure accuracy, quality, and completeness of design packages.
- Supervises the work of others within the department to ensure high quality, accurate, complete, code-compliant designs.
- Analyzes and reviews existing progress metrics for the electrical Engineering and Design Group. Develops new metrics to document deliverables not currently covered by existing metrics.
- Communicates requests for change to project manager in order to ensure electrical group works within and maintains their budget on all projects.
- Maintains Professional Engineering Certifications as required.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Bachelors degree in engineering with focus on electrical engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum experience required is 8-10 years.
- Must have extensive and in-depth experience in electrical engineering in the petrochemical, oil and gas industries
- Professional engineer (PE) registration required, OK and TX preferred or the ability to obtain those registrations
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Focused on always providing quality, value driven results.
- Ability to work in a team environment including across office locations.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to work flexible hours, occasionally in excess of a normal 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Mon-Thurs and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. schedules.
- Ability to travel freely within the United States and internationally as needed.
- Ability to obtain TWIC card, DISA clearance and BOP+ training
ENG offers comprehensive compensation package with competitive pay and exceptional benefits. Interested candidates, please visit our website at www.ENGlobal.com, and click on the careers link at the top of the page to submit your application.
ENG is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
NO STAFFING FIRMS PLEASE