Our Client is looking for a Drilling Engineer, on a contract basis, location in Aberdeen.
- Contributing to Company’s HPHT wells safe design.
- Providing technical input to well construction on daily basis
- Delivering wells as per established programme.
- Supporting compilation of well technical data.
- Supporting compilation of well operations budget.
- Maintaining Well Construction sheet up to date
- Assist the Drilling Superintendents to the operations follow-up of drilling campaign.
- Assist the Drilling & Well Manager for drilling/intervention operations and demonstrate management commitment to safety.
- Wells are designed & prepared in accordance with UK Oil & Gas Regulations and Company Rules
- The preparation of operational programmes, DECC/WONS/HSE permits/notifications and procedures (including SIMOPS and Bridging documents) is done in a timely manner in order to meet the projects schedule.
- Implementation of engineering work plans, providing live engineering support to operations (casing design, directional, hydraulics, swab and surge, torque and drag, well control calculations etc...).
- Collaborate with relevant Geoscience Metiers in the organization and preparation of wells “Scope of Requisition” and “Scope of Work” meetings and reports.
- Organize & participate to task forces to resolve engineering/technical issues
- Ensure material stock remains compatible with Project Schedule and update/follow up equipment preparation for routine/non-routine operations with the assistance of the Drilling Engineers.
- Provide the required technical documentation and input to allow call for tenders and award of contracts for the provision of services specific to the Projects and assist the negotiation of drilling related contracts required for future operations.
- Organize & participate to HAZID / HAZOP when required and ensure recommendations are applied.
- Effective contract management of contracts (operational cost) with a view to optimising value and to take decisions with respect to the job holder’s technical specialty
- Support the Joint Venture and Development Departments as technical interface assistant between the company and its partners for the drilling aspects.
- The job holder will hold a BSc of MSC or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline (Mechanical, Chemical, Offshore or Petroleum) with significant years experience in well engineering
- Organisational skills to prioritise and manage a heavy workload in a rapidly changing environment
- Engineer with several years of related operational and engineering experience
- High level of engineering knowledge in HP/HT drilling
- Managed Pressure Drilling Knowledge appreciated
- Organisational skills to prioritise and manage a heavy workload in a rapidly changing environment.
- Good computer skills, especially in Drilling Engineering softwares (T-Desk, Wellcat, BHA Management...)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract