Joseph Gallagher is the leading UK based Civil Engineering & Tunnelling sub-contractor, growing significantly in the last 37 years into an international business. We have an award-winning reputation, industry leading safety culture and have had the privilege to be a part of some of the most critical infrastructure projects taking place today. In the Middle East, we are leading the way in trenchless technology, carrying out all forms of non-disruptive, no dig construction techniques with extensive experience from long sea outfalls, Non-Disruptive Road Crossings to Oil and Gas Pipelines, understanding fully the requirements to operate in each of these sectors.
The Crane operator is responsible for operating a stationary or traveling crane to lift, move, position, and reposition loads like machinery, equipment, products, and also solid or bulk materials, using hoisting attachments, like hook, sling or bucket.
They will be also responsible for overseeing the performance of the plant machinery and report back through the Appointed Person or Lift Supervisor any issues related to lifting operations.
Crane Operator Job Responsibilities:
- To ensure the safety of yourself and those around you.
- To be embodiment of Living Incident Free Everyday (LIFE).
- Ensure that you understand and sign up in every RAM Lift Plan,and SOS Briefing you are working to. Have attended and contributed to a daily Take 5 briefing at the point of works with your team.
- To show respect for work colleagues and public.
- Ensure you hold the correct qualification for the role you are providing.
- Report any near miss, incident or accident to JGL Supervisor.
- Ensure work area is neat and tidy at all times.
- Carry out and enforce H&S; policy to create a safe workplace.
- Use your phone in designated areas only never whilst operating the crane.
- Make sure that you and the rest of your team wear the appropriate PPE.
- Ensure all COSHH materials are used, stored and disposed of correctly.
- Never operate plant or equipment that you are neither authorized nor trained to use.
Crane Operator Key Experience:
- CPCS certified Crane Operator.
- The role will require the post holder to have a good working communication skill in English.
- CSCS professionally qualified person
- Knowledge of civils construction practices, lifting plant and equipment
- Knowledge of maintenance, inspection, thorough examination and testing requirements for lifting equipment and accessories.
Job Type: Full-time
- Crane Operator: 1 year (Preferred)