Requisition ID: 136640
Job Level: Mid Level
Employment Type: Full Time
Commissioning engineers ensure that all aspects of a construction project are properly designed, installed, tested and maintained. They perform troubleshooting tasks, monitor progress, perform tests, conduct audits, assist in financial improvements, write reports and assist clients. The commissioning engineer will work both in the office environment and at various project locations around North America.
Kiewit Energy was established to better serve the diverse and expanding energy market. Kiewit Energy provides cohesive engineering, procurement and construction services to the oil, gas, refining, chemicals, petrochemicals, biofuels, and other process industries. Early Contract Involvement presence offering clients long-term relationships, providing integrated schedules, realistic construction estimates, and construction driven execution planning.
This position is based at our Energy Corridor office in the greater Houston, TX area. Extensive project/site travel will be expected.
- Responsible for pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up of all projects.
- Participate in screenings, studies and operation write-ups, in addition to providing operational assistance, trouble shooting and client operational training.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with project engineers to ensure that the applicable drawings are created in accordance with commissioning requirements.
- Responsible for regularly monitoring and reporting commissioning progress.
- Review and approve multi-disciplinary commissioning processes to ensure they are compliant with procedures, specifications and standards of the project and oversee the installation and design of commissioning supplies and systems.
- Ensure that safety procedures and practices are followed.
- Audit commissioning activities on a regular basis to ensure compliance with environmental, quality and safety requirements.
- Demonstrate creativity, foresight and mature judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
- Coordinate all aspects of project document completion within company and externally with clients and other design professionals.
- Provide support to team members, verify that all work is completed as planned and scheduled in compliance with client, and company quality assurance practices.
- Support Operational Readiness Reviews
- Conduct Management of Change Technical Review
- Identify, develop and document scope of work and procedures for facility projects to assure compliance with project PEM and SSSP documents and maximum flow efficiency and hydrocarbon recovery
- Work in conjunction with safety, environmental and field operations personnel to optimize site safety and environmental performance
- Possess the right and obligation to stop work if an unsafe condition exists
- 3-5 years of project management experience directing multiple projects.
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical, civil, electrical, or environmental engineering.
- Work well under pressure with passion for excellence and customer focused at all times.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Highly computer literate – Excel, Word, Access, AutoCAD and SolidWorks skills is a plus.
- Ability to clearly communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multitask, experience with Water/Wastewater projects is a plus.
- Experience reading and interpreting electrical, I&C, controls logic diagrams, and mechanical. drawings with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience reading and understanding OEM technical manuals.
- Strong technical, supervisory, and organizational skills.
- Capable of monitoring and assessing subcontracted functions.
- Well developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization including owners and subcontractors.
- Ability to work independently on complex project DCS issues with an owner-service focus. Organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Open, positive attitude, willing to be part of multi-discipline TEAM
- Ability to multi-task and use good judgment in prioritizing workload
- Self-starter – able to take initiative to identify and complete tasks
- Expresses ideas clearly and concisely. Seeks to understand others perspectives. Keeps accurate and organized records
- Provides clear direction and priorities; clarifies roles & responsibilities. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Persists despite obstacles and opposition
- Working proficiency in the use of and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of work processes and interdisciplinary coordination/practices
- Capable in the use of Pacesetter, Citadon, Navisworks
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.