We are searching for an experienced Commissioning and Support Engineer to support our nationwide assets.
The role will be a mixture of home and site based.
We have a fleet of gas peaking plants and battery storage sites which will double in scale over the next 12-18 months.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing UK Renewable Power Provider, and we want to find someone who will develop with us during this journey.
- £45k - £50k per annum
- Van + fuel card (personal)
- Overtime (x1.5)
- Training (including in Germany with engine OEM)
- Career Progression
- Electrical and controls specialist.
- Maintain reciprocating gas engine and battery storage power plant(s) to ensure maximum plant availability.
- Attend battery storage and power plant breakdowns during working hours and on an out of hours call out basis.
- Ensuring maximum plant availability through maintenance, trouble shooting and fault rectification.
- On-site technical lead in new and existing plant commissioning.
- Carrying out operational machinery checks taking remedial actions as required.
- Carrying out first and second level fault diagnosis and fault rectification across all assets.
- Carrying out planned maintenance activities (electrical and mechanical) alone and by assisting others.
- Ensuring replacement machine parts are correctly selected, ordered, booked out and used correctly. Any subsequent unneeded parts returned to stock and correctly booked in.
- Ensuring spare parts and plant are maintained in good condition.
- Ensuring good engineering and excellent safety practises are observed at all times.
- Ensuring good liaison and communication via verbal communication and written documentation with the company, line manager and subcontractors is properly maintained at all times.
- Taking responsibility for own and site health and safety ensuring adherence to environmental standards, UK regulations and company safe systems of work.
- Ensuring all relevant information relating to plant conditional and operational conditions are communicated to line manager and shift operator.
- Maintaining tools, test instruments and IT equipment in a good working order and as required in calibration in accordance with company procedures.
- Attending call outs in a timely manner.
- Maintaining vehicle and van parts stock in a good condition and good presentation.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with site engineers and OEM's.
- Writing and issuing of Permits to Work and isolation certificates for self and others.
- High Voltage switching (after training as required).
- Transformer oil sampling and minor substation maintenance activities.
- Upkeep of site remote communications and site electrical apparatus.
- Acting as company field technical specialist, taking the lead and supervisory role on complex issues.
- Managing commissioning activities on Gas Engine and Battery Storage sites ensuring systems are commissioned safely and in accordance with design criteria ensuring relevant documentation is completed.
- Working with OEM commissioning engineers to commission the entire system to company standards.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the following attributes:
- High level of engineering skill and knowledge to correctly carry out plant maintenance and fault finding/rectification.
- Excellent ability to understand P&ID and electrical drawings.
- Good knowledge of alternators and AVRs.
- Good knowledge of engine control systems.
- Knowledge of PLC’s and associated fault finding.
- Knowledge of sensors/instrumentation and associated fault finding.
- Reciprocating engine operating and maintenance skill and knowledge.
- Reasonable IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- Good electrical knowledge to safely isolate and fault find to component level on LV electrical circuits.
- High Voltage knowledge, including switching and proving dead.
- Gas experience and knowledge.
- Health and safety skill and knowledge to apply company safe systems of work.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Yearly bonus
- Company car
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Sick pay
- Technical Support Occupations: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 31/05/2022
Reference ID: SEO04