Class 2 - Driver
In support of our continued growth, the above opportunity have arisen at our Lillyhall Facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for loading and unloading goods and transporting them to various locations.
The ideal candidate would have their LGV Class C, together with Drivers CPC, Digital Drivers Card and ADR - Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road Regulations.
The ideal candidate would have their LGV Class C, together with Drivers CPC, Digital Drivers Card and ADR - Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road Regulations
Tasks and responsibilities
- Empowered to "stop the job" if an action is considered unsafe and report to line supervisor.
- Daily vehicle safety checks are conducted as per operator.
- Ensure driving skills are conducted in accordance with driver assessor audits, competency units and licence requirements.
- Accurate record of daily work / tachograph charts to be kept with driver for a period of minimum 28 days and no more than 42 days (analogue). Digital tachograph details to be downloaded on a regular basis.
- Collecting and delivering loads to and from vendors / customers in a safe and timely manner.
- Securing loads in the appropriate manner pertaining to the particular load, ensuring the loads are double strapped at all times.
- Providing the appropriate paperwork for deliveries and ensuring that the appropriate paperwork is received upon collection of loads.
- Ensuring that all straps, ratchets etc. are fit for purpose and that any defects are reported in a timely manner.
From our roots in agricultural inspections, Peterson and Control Union have been operating for nearly 100 years in the field of logistics, quality, certifications and risk management. Our in-depth knowledge and experience covers all aspects of the supply chain in many industries including agriculture, energy, forestry, sustainability and textiles.
With its foundation in agriculture, Control Union Certifications has focused its efforts in developing services around the sustainability of the industry's supply chains which feed into the food, feed, bioenergy and textiles markets. With 'boots on the ground' in more than 70 countries, Control Union Certifications is uniquely placed to manage challenges with today's global marketplace.
Control Union (UK) Limited is based in London but has clients both nationally and internationally.