JONES PEOPLE MAKE JONES LOGISTICS WORK
IF YOU WANT THE BEST RESULTS FOR CUSTOMERS, YOU MUST HAVE THE BEST PEOPLE.
About Jones Logistics
For over 20 years, Jones Logistics has focused on delivering dedicated services, freight brokerage, and managed transportation to clients across the United States. The expertise of Jones Logistics has evolved beyond general transportation to include more specialized services such as dedicated logistics, brokerage capabilities, flatbed, heavy haul, transportation of forestry by-products, and an oil and gas services division. Regardless of industry, the team at Jones Logistics locates the right resources for any transportation or logistics requirement.
Carrier Sales Representative Job Description
Jones is looking for clever and driven people who are eager to develop a career in a fast-paced industry. As a Carrier Sales Representative, you are responsible for developing existing and seeking new carrier relationships by being a pivotal cog in their asset networks, where you will work to nurture and maintain relationships with the tens of thousands of those carriers who collaborate with us to keep their drivers loaded and making money seven days a week. Your job focuses on offering a variety of logistics services and solutions tailored to our customers’ dynamic and multi-faceted manufacturing and shipping needs.
Everyone at JoLo is equipped with the tools to tackle the full freight cycle: prospecting, relationship building, customer service, and operations. Jones Logistics' freight brokerage is growing VERY rapidly. It is quite alright if you haven't the foggiest idea what a freight brokerage is, suffice it to say our little unknown upstart office has grown from a handful of scrappy freight hustlers into a hundred-million-dollar behemoth, rocketing ahead of mega-outfits in places like Chicago, Dallas, and Atlanta without losing our nimble, clever, and fun family culture. Jones is something special, check us out on JoLo.com and apply for a position to learn more.
- Develop, maintain, and manage carrier relationships
- Negotiate and execute hundreds of loads per day to keep carriers rolling and customers satisfied
- Effectively utilize Hubspot, TMW, parade.ai, Dialpad, and many other technology interfaces for customer and carrier freight management
- Navigate Jones’ proprietary software to manage customer supply chains
- Build relationships with internal departments to ensure client transactions are processed accurately and efficiently
- Attend continuous education programs to fully engage in learning the industry, market, and business
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience required
- Previous supply chain or transportation experience helps, but isn't necessary
- Strong customer service and relationship-building skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable dealing with regular situational ambiguity
- Motivated to reach and exceed quotas
- Ability to remain resilient in an aggressive and competitive environment
- Understands the importance of self-motivation, time-management, and organizational skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment that requires problem-solving and decision making
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
What's in it for you?
- Uncapped earning potential
- Operational support
- Base plus commission plan
- Fun, energetic and casual work environment
- Paid community outreach/volunteering opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K
INTELLIGENT PEOPLE WITH DEEP INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE, SO THEY CAN COLLABORATE WITH YOU TO FIND NEW SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR SHIPPING NEEDS.