Infineum is developing a new business outside of its core fuels and lubricants market. This opportunity involves the development, marketing and sale of chemical additives into crude oil applications. The focus is on technical challenges associated with crude transport and refining (CTR) including paraffin (wax) inhibition, asphaltene inhibition and refinery heat exchanger fouling. We are seeking to add expertise in these market areas to accelerate our efforts.
This role will support the CTR venture by providing expertise on the crude oil market ranging from upstream (production) to downstream (refining). Leveraging personal knowledge and contacts, this role will help shape Infineum’s market strategy and route to market. Working with Infineum Technology leaders, the role will assist in translating product technical advantages into compelling value propositions. This role is for an experienced candidate who can be involved in the most complex and challenging customer projects, work in relevant industry committees and help train the crude technical sales colleagues.
- Insights to the CTR venture team on the crude oil market
- Expertise and advice on business and market channel development
- Perspective on technical solutions and how to generate maximum market return
- Deeper insight on industry challenges related to crude oil handling and refining
- Business development experience from the perspective of a supplier to the oil industry
- Exposure to chemical additives and their application in crude oil
- Development of project management skills, working on global and complex projects
- Opportunities to represent Infineum on selected industry activities and guide relevant development projects
- Responsibility to ensure that our technical image and integrity is upheld
- Technical background - significant experience in related crude oil markets, preferably spanning upstream to downstream
- Experience in business development, preferably in new product applications
- Awareness of crude oil paraffin, asphaltene and refinery fouling challenges
- Knowledge of applying chemical additives to improve crude oil handling/refining
- Strong communication skills, ability to build networks and take a collaborative approach both internally and externally