Nidec is the world's No.1 comprehensive motor manufacturer handling "everything that spins and moves", miniature to gigantic. Nidec is a global enterprise comprised of over 300 subsidiaries/affiliates. We are a leading manufacturer of commercial motors, industrial motors, appliance motors, and controls. Our product line features a full line of high efficiency motors for industrial applications in water treatment, mining, oil and gas, and power generation, and for commercial applications such as pool and spa, condensers, cooling towers and large refrigeration units.
From keeping us comfortable in our homes to pumping clean water to making our cars more safe, electric motors are an indispensable part of our daily lives. At Nidec, our employees are on the forefront of developing new motor technologies. As we move deeper into the age of robotics, the impact of motors will only increase.
With over 140,000 employees stationed worldwide, Nidec continues to be a unique organization, and each location maintains its individual personality.
Whether driving locomotives, powering offshore platforms or keeping the lights on after a storm, Nidec electric power generation products impact the world on a daily basis. With over 1,000 employees in the Americas, we are moving forward with technology to solve our customers’ electrical power needs for both prime and backup generation needs as the industry’s leading manufacturer.
Check us out on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaqA9J8wvMk&feature;=youtu.be
- This position is to lead the new business development and sustain the growth of the Parts / Remanufacturing / Service business for the Kato Engineering and Leroy Somer product lines. This role requires technical sales experience as well as a general understanding of the power generation industry. Geographically, this position focuses on the North American market. Preferred location is at the Mankato, MN / Lexington, TN / Bloomington, MN facilities. Offsite work locations will be entertained for the right candidate.
- This role will support the development of three different Aftermarket sales channels – Parts, Remanufacturing, and Service. This position will also play a key role in sculpting the overall Aftermarket support strategy in conjunction with the Senior Manager, Aftermarket. This position will also support our path to market for Aftermarket support as well as establishing key relationships within the market to drive revenue growth.
- Drive top line revenue growth while supporting growth plans for Parts, Repair, and Field Service.
- ~50% travel will be required, as needed, to support new and existing customer visits and other activities to drive growth.
- Work closely and visit regularly our existing service partners as well as strategic partners we are looking to develop.
- Become adept at discussing our range of products / solutions to a variety of customers
- Develop relationships and work closely with End Users to develop parts/reman/service business.
- Provide feedback on competitive activities in sales, manufacturing, personnel, price actions, product development, etc.
- Communicates regularly with management on gaps to be managed to continue on a successful track
- Responsible for providing sales forecasts as necessary to support weekly/monthly/annual objectives
- Develop and advance the current opportunity pipeline for the segment in the regions of responsibility and in support of growth objectives.
- Support and issue quotes to new customers leading the commercial and technical strategy of each offer.
work experience requirements
- Undergraduate business / technical degree required
- 7+ years experience in the power generation, or other relevant industry
- Experience in technical service, sales, or applications development a plus
- Demonstrated effective teamwork skills
- Ability to work effectively across functions and levels, both internally and externally
- Good communication skills and strong influencing skills
- Willing to take initiative and work proactively internally and externally
- Computer skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
Additional Job Details
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nidec
Nidec is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, genetic information, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following website: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Nidec will not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to Nidec job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Nidec Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Nidec Talent Acquisition team.