Reporting to the Business Manager, the post holder is responsible for providing technical and engineering support to the Commercial team. Working with new entrants and current customers to develop new business opportunities. Support our Operations team develop competitive innovative technical options that meet our current and future requirements to support and grow our business.
• Lead technical studies in support of customer negotiations, working with consultants, technical experts and projects to secure new business and access the existing infrastructure system
• Represent the Client's technical position and interests within the Customer forum and the Regulator (OGA)
• Lead technical discussions with customers working in conjunction with the Business Manager and Commercial Advisors.
• Lead New Business or commercially driven studies from inception through key stage-gates
• Support commercial analysis and negotiations
Commercial Optimisation and Risk
• Support and lead commercial obligations requiring technical input including forecasting, optimisation and contract compliance activities
• Work with the Operations and Commercial functions on the prediction of crude oil allocation and valuation, transportation and processing capability and specification compliance for new fields
• Review composition, specification and capacity implications of new business and advise the commercial team of any issues requiring addressing through contracts / agreements
• Support infrastructure life of asset strategy development and grow and mature long term configuration options
• Work with the Business Analyst to understand the impact of technical proposals and recommendations on the business.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Educated to bachelor’s degree level in Chemical Engineering (preferred) or a technical discipline
• Minimum 5 years experience in a technical role working with oil and gas or chemical plants and/or projects
• A general business awareness and understanding of Oil & Gas Industry
• Outside of the technical primacy, an interest in the wider commercial implications of the business (from customers through to uses of oil and gas downstream).
• Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate business/technical information with clarity
• Self-starter and desire to learn and develop
• Good IT skills, Excel, powerpoint and Word
• Ability to influence others using networking, communication and teamwork skills
• Experience of representing the company with third parties (e.g. customers, suppliers, engineering contractors)
• Ability to manage multiple/conflicting priorities with a strong track record of timely delivery
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.