LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 28773
Why you should join us:
Are you a data driven professional who is passionate about continuous improvement and analytics? Do you influence others with this mindset and inspire it across dynamic teams? We have an opportunity for you to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment with challenging demands. Working closely with the Manager, Solutions Design, you will conduct business analysis functions to successfully identify and document business requirements that are aligned with organizational enterprise architecture, delivery and process goals. Working with business leaders and domain experts, you will identify and bring strategic initiatives from concept to implementation by validating the return on investment across all tiers of the projects.
You will use your expertise to:
- Facilitate sessions with multiple partners in order to gain a common view of the business requirements needed to ultimately develop the proposed information technology (IT) solution while following our asset development and execution model (ADEM) methodology, as well as our agile methodology
- Work within the bounds of a gated and agile project methodology alongside solution architects, delivery, business engagement and support teams
- Assess organizational readiness to accept the new solution and define requirements to support the transition of the business
- Work closely with the portfolio architect, project manager and solution design lead to identify high level resource and timeline estimates
- Conduct quantitative analysis to validate solution build decisions versus buy decisions
- Write business requirements and business case documentation and describe processes as per the standards
- Build comprehensive work products documenting business requirements
- Report on business analysis measurements using established metrics and dashboards
- Uphold organizational standards for business analysis work
Wed like to review your application if you have
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Five years of experience applying business analyst techniques to build business cases and gather requirements used in creating process and technical solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project), MS SharePoint, HPQC or related tools
- Understanding of oil and gas business processes and their linkage to technology
- The ability to work among cross-disciplinary teams to build a consensus, ensuring that analysis and implementation is focused on the most critical requirements, and considers business value, cost to deliver, and schedule
- A proven adaptive work style with the ability to solicit and accept feedback
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- Oil and gas industry experience
- Experience writing business cases and gathering requirements for an ERP system (e.g. SAP)
- Completion of, or working towards a Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
Where youll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else do it safely, or dont do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what were doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals