Pre-Employment Testing Requirements
This Operations and Mechanical (O&M) position requires pre-employment testing. In order to be considered for this position, candidates must complete the pre-employment test prior to the close of the requisition, Friday, October 29 2021. Candidates who complete the test after the requisition has closed will not be considered.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation, monitoring, and maintenance preparation of processing units and related facilities.
- 12-Hour Rotating Shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Beaumont, Texas
- Must be a current student at Lamar Institute of Technology or Lamar State College - Orange
- Primary process contact for their unit. Understands process flow, basic chemistry associated with unit, major line-ups, and all unit safety equipment, including isolation points. Reviews computer data and computer generated schematics to ensure process is optimized.
- Physically inspects and monitors equipment and/or the work area using vision, hearing, smell, and touch, to ensure correct operation.
- Issues Safe Work Permits, which involves high degree of proficiency on current operating conditions as well as chemical, personnel and process safety risks associated with operating unit.
- Performs gas testing as necessary to ensure Operating area is safe to allow for specific maintenance activities to be performed.
- Process monitoring activities include checking pH, taking product samples, catalyst degradation, differential pressure, chemical injection rates, checking for leaks, freezing, overheating, etc.
- Performs "visual maintenance" by checking critical performance parameters such as temperature, pressure, level, flow rate, and/or vibration to ensure all equipment is operating within its defined operating envelope.
- Adjusts local process parameters (temperature, pressure, etc.) to maintain product specifications within their optimal operating window.
- Checks control valve positions to ensure valves are correctly positioned.
- Visually inspects flame pattern, header pressure, and fuel gas consumption in furnaces, identify hot spots and other problems in furnace.
- Performs basic equipment maintenance (adding lube oil, water, tightening valve packing, changing filters and steam traps, clearing equipment, etc.).
- Communicates with console supervisor to remain informed of existing process conditions and relate any changes made or needed.
- Performs winterization and summarization of equipment for maximum equipment efficiencies.
- Monitors field equipment using electronic test equipment including hand held monitors and computer monitoring equipment.
- Inspects safety valves, fire extinguishers, fire hoses, breathing apparatus, and other safety equipment.
Expected Level of Proficiency
- Demonstrated relevant work experience is preferred.
- Participation in a Process Operator training program required.
- Process Operator Technician ASA degree (in last semester preferred) No specific experience, or certifications are required.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Student Assistant - Office Assistance / Bakersfield (HYBRID/REMOTE) |
Bakersfield , United States | 2 hours ago
Tooling Business Process Intern |
Remote , Malaysia | 8 hours ago
Data Analytic Intern |
Remote , Malaysia | 8 hours ago
IT Applications Support Co-op Student |
Calgary , Canada | 8 hours ago
Graduate Project Engineer |
Hemel Hempstead , United Kingdom | 22 hours ago