JOB TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Houston, TX
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, a specialty chemicals company is looking to hire a Project Engineer on a direct hire basis based in Houston, TX.
- Designs and implements projects to improve safety and environmental performance, product quality, and reliability, increase capacity, reduce cost, and optimize the overall plant performance
- Closely works with process engineering and other departments on new projects
- Responsible for defining project objectives and justifications and providing necessary data to validate the project's merits
- Responsible for the capital project planning, development, budgeting, and execution including coordinating the development of detailed engineering plans, specifications, and construction packages
- Responsible for all aspects of cost control and planning on each project ensuring each project is implemented within the approved budget and established time schedule
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years in capital project engineering and management in a plant environment
- Experience with project budgeting and managing scope changes during project execution
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.